Here is a website with Charting the LifeCourse Tools and resources: http://www.lifecoursetools.com/
There is currently a Community of Practice with 17(I think) states looking at incorporating the Charting the LifeCourse Framework on a personal, programmatic, and policy level.
Public Policy Coodinator
Kansas Council on Developmental Disabilities
Charting the life course is the way to go
Sent from my iPhone
On Jan 5, 2018, at 12:51 PM, Cruz, Allison (ACL) <email@example.com> wrote:
Here are few suggestions for training that have some cross disability focus:
- ACL has been funding the development of Life Course person centered planning model for several years. While they are moving toward a formalized training and certification program, the approach is laid out well with suggestions for questions that anyone can access and apply. http://www.lifecoursetools.com/ The tools etc. are in the public domain.
- There are a number of resources on the Learning Community for Person Centered Practices as well (see the Reading Room section under the groups tab): http://tlcpcp.com/ .These are generally copy written and trainers are required to be certified by LCPCP.
- Helen Sanderson Associates (UK Based) has a full e-learning site. There are courses for purchase as well. http://hsaonlinelearning.org/ I don’t know the copy write status here.
- ACL developed a Person Centered Counseling Training Program for the No Wrong Door initiative. https://nwd.acl.gov/personcenteredcounseling.html This course is based on the Person-Centered Thinking Course in the Learning Community for Person Centered Practices (see above).
Individuals or groups can purchase the online Person Centered Counseling course in its entirety, or by module. Click the following link and select “Person-Centered Counseling Core Curriculum” http://secure.mcstrategies.com/Commerce/ProductCatalog.aspxPassthrough=oVYASje+Ij3QR7dzIajXitfXXdUbaskHEmhtyVy9who%3d
Please note that the bulk of the skills for this course are taught in a full day in-person setting by a Person-Centered Thinking Trainer certified by the Learning Community for Person Centered Practices.
Please see the request below from Valarie Bishop in SC
Does anyone have good information for person-centered planning training – cross disability – for individuals, family members and professionals? We are looking to firm up something that can be used consistently in SC for our waivers across all populations.
Director, Developmental Disabilities Council
Office of Executive Policy and Programs
The South Carolina
Department of Administration
1205 Pendleton Street, Suite 461, Columbia, SC 29201
(803) 734-0215 | (803) 734-0241 (fax)
The South Carolina Department of Administration (admin) serves the citizens of South Carolina and agency partners by leading innovative efforts to provide secure, cost-effective, responsive and standardized services.
Sheryl Matney, Director
202-506-5813 ext. 148
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for addressee. The information may also be legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail or phone and delete this message and its attachments, if any.